Daily Wine 1/23/18:
Domaine Ruet – Les Bois – Régnié – 2016
- This wine is 100% Gamay from the Régnié cru of Beaujolais at the southern end of Burgundy in France.
- All of the grapes come from the vineyards known as “Les Bois” and “Chez les Bois.”
- The wine is vinified traditionally with carbonic maceration using whole clusters that over time press themselves into the juice necessary for fermentation.
- Maturation occurs in cement and stainless steel.
- The vines are ranging from twenty to sixty years old and sit on sandy granite soils.
- The Ruet family is in its fourth generation and has been making wine since 1926.
- Their 19 hectares of vines spread through multiple Beaujolais crus and are typically on hillsides that face south.
- All grapes are harvested and sorted by hand before entering the winery.
- Pair this with poultry and richer fish.