Daily Wine 11/18/17:
Carlei – The Green Vineyards – “The Forties Old Block ” – Shiraz – Heathcote – 2000
- This wine is a Shiraz dominant blend from the Heathcote region of Victoria in southeastern Australia.
- The Green Vineyards is one of the labels under the Carlei umbrella and is focused on sourcing the best available fruit from the region that represents the region’s character.
- Carlei was founded by Sergio Carlei from Italy.
- Sergio was a chemist that grew passionate about wine and survived Chronic Myeloid Leukemia after being diagnosed in 1996.
- Sergio still manages his four estates today.
- Pair this with game.