Daily Wine 9/20/17:
Boars’ View – Pinot Noir – Sonoma Coast – 2012
- This wine is 100% Pinot Noir from the Boars’ View estate of the Sonoma Coast.
- Thomas Brown makes the wine and ages it in a mixture of French Oak barrels for ten months.
- Carol and Fred Schrader started this label to produce Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, their true passions. They also make Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon in Napa Valley that has become a cult wine worth over $2,000/bottle retail.
- The Pinot grapes here see optimal sun and are situated on Goldridge Loam that is distinct to Sonoma.
- This project began in 2007.
- Pair this with duck, chicken, and mushrooms.