Daily Wine 8/28/17:
Viader – Liquid Cashmere – Proprietary Red Blend – Napa Valley – 2014
- This wine is a blend of 72% Cabernet Sauvignon and 28% Cabernet Franc from the eastern slopes of Howell Mountain in Napa Valley.
- The wine is aged for 70% new French oak.
- Viader lies just northeast of St. Helena at 1300 feet in elevation.
- Delia Viader, PhD founded the estate and made the wine initially from the late 80’s to 90’s.
- The first vintage of this wine was produced in 1989.
- Since the wine contains 72% Cabernet Sauvignon, it is not legally allowed to be labeled as Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Pair this with beef ribeye.