Daily Wine 8/26/17:
Domaine du Pélican – Trois Cépages – Rouge – Arbois – 2014
- This wine is a blend of three grapes from the Arbois wine region of Jura in eastern France. Pinot Noir accounts for roughly 65% of the blend and the remainder is 30% Poulsard and 5% Trousseau.
- The grapes are completely destemmed and fermented in vats.
- Aging takes place in Burgundy-sized barrels of 228L capacities for 10 months.
- The team is led by Guillaume d’Angerville, who took over the 4 hectares of vineyards and winemaking in 2014 from Jacques Puffeney after he decided to retire.
- The Marquis d’Angerville has holdings in Burgundy and produces this wine in a similar style.
- Pair this with pasta, duck, and eggplant.