A vibrant and bright palate of berries, richness, and refreshing acidity. Notes of black cherry, fresh blackberry, pastry crust, and lavender.
Daily Wine 8/7/17:
Two Hands – Gnarly Dudes – Shiraz – Barossa Valley – 2015
- This wine is 100% Shiraz from the Barossa Valley in South Australia.
- Sourced from many parcels, the grapes are crushed and feremented into different sized open-top vessels and have regular pump overs three times a day.
- The wine was matured for 12 months in French Oak (15% new) and the remainder in one to six year old hogsheads.
- All batches were kept separate and the expertly blended just prior to bottling.
- Gnarly Dudes is part of the Picture Series, one of four series. The others are the Garden Series, Flagship Series, and the Single Vineyard Series.
- The aim for the Picture Series is to have an approachable wine as an introduction to Two Hands’ wines. The photos are taken by Don Brice to bring a smile to the face of the consumer to remind them that wines should be approachable and fun.
- Two Hands was born in September 1999 when Michael Twelftree and Richard Mintz decided to make their own wine after discussing it at a friend’s engagement party.
- Two Hands’ first vintage was in 2000 with 17 tons of fruit. The Garden Series was launched in 2003.
- Gnarly Dudes has its first vintage in 2003.
- As one of Australia’s most exciting wineries, Two Hands has a wide range to offer.
- Pair this with pork and game.