An elegant and well-defined expression of blackberries, cassis, mocha, cocoa, and ground coffee. The structure is deeply textured and integrates all of the elements into one seemless, velvety wine.
Daily Wine 8/5/17:
Blankiet – Paradise Hills Vineyard – Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley – 2004
- This wine is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon and only about 1000 cases were produced. All of the grapes come from the hillsides of the estate.
- Aging takes place in 100% new French Oak barrels for 18-19 months and then the wine is bottled without filtering.
- Blankiet is a project founded by Claude and Katherine Blankiet. The winemaker is Graeme MacDonald, a fourth generation wine grower that actually lives within the To Kalon Vineyard.
- These Paradise Hills are of volcanic ash and basalt and produces big, structured, long-lived wines.
- Wines are fermented and aged in caves.
- Pair with beef, lamb, and braised pork shoulder.