Daily Wine 7/26/17:
Bond – St. Eden – Red Wine – Napa Valley – 2011
- This wine is a Bordeaux Blend dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon from and 11-acre plot just north of Oakville in Napa Valley, California.
- The soils here are iron rich with fractured volcanic rock from a landslide, all facing north.
- Elevated between 145-188 feet above sea level, the grapes have a great amount of sunlight hours and allows the concentration to become lush and the fruit to become pronounced.
- St. Eden is one of five unofficial, but recognized Grand Crus bottled by Bond. The others are Melbury, Quella, Vecina, and Pluribus. Eden is a historical reference to this vineyard’s location dating back to the nineteenth century.
- Bond was founded by H. William Harlan, of Harlan Estate. Both are considerable cult wines of Napa Valley and Bordeaux Blends.
- Pair this with beef.