Daily Wine 7/20/17:
Champagne Frederic Savart – L’Ouverture – Blanc de Noirs – Premier Cru – Brut – NV
- This Champagne is 100% Pinot Noir and is Savart’s entry level wine.
- 85% comes from the first pressing and maturation occurs in stainless-steel on thin lees.
- Malolactic fermentation is allowed.
- Each wine made by Fred Savart is produced in limited quantities. Only four hectares of vines in Ecueil source over six wines all expressing different terroirs of the Montagne de Reims.
- 40% of the wine is blended from reserve wines.
- Pair this with fish, salads, and fried vegetables.