Daily Wine 7/17/17:
Lingua Franca – Ryan’s Plow – Pinot Noir – Willamette Valley – 2015
- This is 100% Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley in northwestern Oregon.
- Sourced from Jory soils, a very deep, well-drained series of soils that are distinct to the Willamette Valley. The basalt-based volcanic soils are Oregon’s official state soil.
- Partially fermented with whole cluster, but the grapes were completely destemmed.
- Farming is done sustainably and utilizes biodynamic principles when possible.
- Lingua Franca is led by Larry Stone MS, one of the most powerful and influential figures in the world of the sommelier. He is the ninth Master Sommelier in American history.
- Larry Stone has mentored great sommeliers like Raj Parr and Christie Dufault.
- Winemaker: Thomas Savre.
- Consulting Winemaker: Dominique Lafon of Meursault.
- Pair with duck, chicken, and mushrooms.