Daily Wine 7/16/17:
Andrew Will – Seven Hills Vineyard – Red Wine – Walla Walla Valley – 2002
- This is a Bordeaux-style Red Blend of 62% Merlot and 38% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Walla Walla Valley in the Pacific Northwest.
- The Walla Walla Valley overlaps into both Washington and Oregon. It has been an American Viticultural Area (AVA) since 1984.
- TTB and State Labeling Laws requires a minimum of 75% of any varietal to allow it to be shown on the label. This is why many wines simply say “Red Blend” or the like.
- Andrew Will Winery began in 1989 as a simple, small building. The winery is named after their nephew Andrew and son Will.
- Their current location in Vashon, Washington has been with them since 1994.
- About 4500 cases of wine are produced annually.
- Winemaker and Owner: Chris Camarda
- The goal is to explore the identity of Washington State and separate it distinctively from Calfornia and Bordeaux.
- Pair this with beef and lamb.