Daily Wine 7/15/17:
Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards – Dutton Ranch – Pinot Noir – Russian River Valley – 2001
- This is 100% Pinot Noir.
- This is a family owned business that began in 1983 and they released their first wines in 1987.
- The estate is forty acres and is located just south of Howell Mountain in Conn Valley, about ten minutes east of St. Helena.
- Todd Anderson is the owner.
- Dutton Ranch farms a total of 1,100 acres of premium quality grapes. About 860 acres is leased out to wineries.
- Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the predominant varieties growing here, but Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah, Zinfandel, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer and Viognier are also grown.
- In 1881, Warren Dutton purchased the first 200 acres.
- Currently in the third generation, Steve and Joe Dutton carry on the business with their mother, Gail.
- They also farm 200 acres of organic apples.
- Pair this with duck and chicken.