Daily Wine 7/7/2017

Domaine Les Pallieres 2012
Complex with strawberries, raspberries, fresh flowers, earth, and spice. Tannins are silky and the finish is long.

Daily Wine 7/7/17:

Domaine Les Pallières – Gigondas – 2006

  • Two vineyards of the Gigondas region of the Southern Rhone Valley in eastern France are used to make this wine. “Les Racines” and “Terrasse du Diable” are blended for this bottling, but single vineyard expressions are now available. The 2007 vintage was the first year where they were bottled separately.
  • The blend is a minimum of 80% Grenache and the remaining 20% includes Syrah, Mourvèdre, Clairette, and Cinsault.
  • Vines are a minimum of 45 years old and they are sustainably farmed. Grapes are harvested by hand and sorted rigorously twice.
  • This project came about when Daniel Brunier of Vieux Télégraphe in Châteauneuf-du-Pape had lunch with Kermit Lynch and spontaneously started planning their revival of the Led Pallières estate in Gigondas.
  • The vineyards range from 250-400 meters in altitude and the soils vary between sand and clay interwoven with limestone scree from the Dentelles.
  • Pair this with duck, squab, and pork.
Gigondas, France 

Click here to learn more!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s