Daily Wine 6/17/17:
Bodegas Palacios Remondo – Plácet – Bianco – Rioja – 2005
- The vineyards of Bodegas Palacios Remondo are located in Rioja Baja of the Rioja DOCa, Spain and are farmed organically.
- This wine is made from 100% Viura aged in large oak foudres.
- Palacios Remondo is led by Alvario Palacios, who makes wine in Priorat, Bierzo, and here.
- Alvario assumed control of the estate after his father’s death in 2000.
- Red wines from Tempranillo and Garnacha are also made by this estate.
- La Montesa, Propiedad, Plácet Valtomelloso and La Vendimia are the vineyards owned by the estate and Plácet Valtomelloso is where this wine comes from.
- Pair this with richer fish, Oysters Rockefeller, and dishes with fruit. Use as a Chardonnay substitute.