Daily Wine 6/12/17:
Felton Road – Block 3 – Pinot Noir – Central Otago – 2013
- This is a Pinot Noir from the South Island of New Zealand.
- This particular wine is sourced from Felton Road’s Elms Vineyard and Block 3 generates finesse and complexity.
- The Elms Vineyard lies on a gently sloping, north facing valley in the Bannockburn hills and the southern end of the Cromwell Basin.
- Block 3 was planted between 1992 and 1994 and sits on only Waenga soils, a very deep fine sandy loam that forms a bench on the base of hills.
- Block 3 has some of the deepest roots of all of Felton Road’s vineyards.
- Felton Road farms all of their vineyards biodynamically.
- Blair Walter is the Winemaker and Mike Woldenden is the Vineyard Manager.
- Pair this with duck, chicken, squab, and salmon.