Daily Wine 6/7/17:
Ramey – Chardonnay – Russian River Valley – 2002
- Comprised of 100% Chardonnay from a collection of vineyards throughout the Russian River Valley of Sonoma County in California.
- David Ramey makes the wine and started 1996 by getting permission to “make a little Chardonnay on the side” at Dominus Winery.
- In 1998, David left Dominus Winery for Rudd Estate and made the wine there.
- In 2002, Ramey Wine Cellars finally went independent and started producing wine out of Healdsburg.
- The Russian River Valley has the climate to ripen Chardonnay well and sits on a diverse benchland of soils dominated by Goldridge Loam.
- Ramey’s philosophy is to harmonize Old World methods with New World innovations and respecting the land with sustainability.
- The winery also produces Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, and a variety of single-vineyard Chardonnay wines.
- Pair this with chicken, trout, and eggs benedict.