Daily Wine 6/4/17:
Peay Vineyards – Les Titans – Syrah – Sonoma Coast – 2005
- This wine is made by Vanessa Wong and is 100% Syrah.
- Les Titans (“the Giants”), refers to two enormous and ancient redwood trees left by loggers over 100 years about that flank the blocks of Syrah.
- Peay Vineyards is located in the northwestern corner of Sonoma Coast approximately 4 miles from the Pacific Ocean near Sea Ranch.
- The vineyard sits on Ohlson soils, a 10 million year old formation that is comprised of fine, silty sand and 20-30% clay.
- Coastal fog and cool breezes regulate temperatures and provide a long growing season for the grapes to develop complexity, ripeness, and expression of terroir.
- Winemaker: Vanessa Wong.
- Winegrower: Nick Peay.
- Everything Else: Andy Peay
Click the photo above to learn more!