Daily Wine 5/29/17:
Lewis Cellars – Alec’s Blend – Napa Valley – 2001
- Alec’s Blend was created in 1997 to celebrate the birth of Dennis’ first son – Alec.
- This vintage’s blend was 60% Syrah and 40% Merlot, but many other have Cabernet Sauvignon blended in.
- The blend develops and adapts to Alec’s personality each vintage.
- After Randy retired from being a professional Indy car driver, he pursued his other passion of winemaking with his wife Debbie in 1992. Dennis joined them in 1999.
- Winemaker: Josh Widaman.
- Pair this with steak, roast pork, and lamb.