Daily Wine 5/28/17:
Domaine Denis Mortet – Bourgogne Blanc – 2012
- The domaine is in the village of Gevrey-Chambertin in the Côte de Nuits of northern Burgundy, France.
- The winery was founded in 1956 by Charles Mortet with a single hectare of vines.
- Charles Mortet’s son, Denis, took over in the early 1990s and has expanded to 11.2 hectares (27 acres)
- This is the only white wine that is produced and is from 100% Chardonnay.
- All of the grapes are hand-harvested and no chemical fertilizers and weed killers are used.
- Denis Mortet’s son, Arnaud, took over in 2006 after his father’s death.
- Pair this with chicken, halibut, and trout.